Trending

Friday, November 8, 2019

IT'S UNDER YOUR FEET BY AGOZIEM







IT'S UNDER YOUR FEET 

I'm broken and trodden in the morning 
As soft bed hedges my fear 
And I wrap my arms around my pillow 
Reflections of past and present muddle my imagination 
Obscure my fantasy 
That I feel a deep sense of nihilism
A future with no expectations of success. 

I'M I IMPERFECT AS A WRITER?

In that soft bed of safety 
I'm covered with the blanket of vulnerability 
Now soaked with the deluge of fear 
My heart wrecked with the feeling of emptiness 
Caused by the fear of the unknown. 
Yes! That fear kept me in despair and misery 
The panic of growing older 
A risk too dear I dare not take 
A dream too big, I wasn't meant to dream 
Keeps me in the shadow of myself. 

Then came a tiny deep voice with 
Simplicity and vigor in its valorous lines 
"Look ye at me "cried the voice 
"Thou sank because ye looks me not, 
But the reverberating waves 
And the turbulent water under thy feet "

So He held my hand and I made a stand 
Out of my soft bed and wet blanket 
And set upon the waters not looking at the waves 
But upon He who is able to keep me from falling 
"They art under thy feet" He whispered 
"I'm more than them" I heard my soul resound. 
So I say to you "step out of your comfort zone "
And let the failures of your past and present,
Make up the chronicles of your great story untold 
He said "look ye unto me "
And "They are under thy feet" .

No comments:

Pages